Saturday 1 January 2011

SHADOW CATCHERS

Happy New Year to any blog followers watching, I hope it's a good one for you and yours.

This post is a continuation of the V&A pictures. During my walk about I looked down from a balcony to see the entrance to an exhibition called Shadow Catchers, I could just see in and recognised the potential for a picture. I have learnt it is always a good idea to look up, down and behind as well as in front, often the best image is not where you think it's going to be!

I have tried a few ideas in Photoshop, but I don't think I have yet got 'the picture'. The lighting conditions meant a longish shutter speed which gave the opportunity to give a ghostly effect to the moving people with one sharp stationary figure, the green tint adding to the ghostly effect.

It's probably a good idea to view the larger version of this image. Please feel free to make suggestions as this is definitely a work in progress. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment