Tuesday 4 January 2011

MISTY TREES


I took this back in November, during a weekend away in Leicestershire. I have been keen to catch some misty/foggy pictures for sometime but have never been in the right place at the right time, or should I say I couldn't be bothered to get up early enough!!! Anyway this was the first of the snowy weather and when I looked out of the window I knew this was an opportunity I could not miss and quickly dashed outside, once I had dressed of course!

Apart from cropping to create a vertical letterbox shape, I am sure there is a proper name for this format but I don't know what it is, and a small amount of sharpening this is as taken. I must admit I am pleased with it as a first misty pic attempt but think it might need a bit more impact, perhaps one of my landscape expert followers might be able to give me some tips for improvement.


This one was taken a few minutes later and obviously has been given a very different treatment. I have never been successful with mono landscape pictures but I do think this one works, maybe because it was almost mono in the first place and the high contrast treatment seems to suit it. I am not convinced I have done the conversion as well as I could have and the compression for jpeg has not done it any favours, however it may well be one one I will return to and possibly even print for the club mono landscape competition later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment