Saturday 29 January 2011

Photos Everywhere

Anybody who knows me will know that one of the things I particularly enjoy is finding a picture in unusual places. Over the Christmas holidays I spotted a photograph whilst pouring myself a festive glass of wine.

One of our three ceiling lights in the kitchen had blown, this led to some interesting shadows and as soon as I poured a glass of my favourite red I knew there was a photo opportunity. After a little bit of Photoshop magic, this is what resulted. The shadows were enhanced by Fractalius.




I enjoyed the effect and sent it to a few friends for a bit of unbiased feedback!!!

Most seemed to like it although some found the out of focus glass stem somewhat distracting, my personal viewpoint is that it is needed to explain the image, without it it would become an abstract.






Following on from the wine glass I tried my hand at some different versions, including this one.......






....and this one. Personally I am not as happy with the beer picture, may be something to do with the angle...or maybe just that I don't really like beer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment