Saturday 8 January 2011

IN THE ROUND

I enjoy exploring the possibilities of Photoshop and creating an image from a photograph. I always try and start with a technically good photograph. I think it is a mistake to think that using a Photoshop filter can rescue a poor image.

Today I have been using the polar coordinates filter under distort. In all of these images I added a Fractilius effect and used layers to create the image I had in my head.







This image started off as a picture of three trees which are in a straight line,  I have used them several times in different photographs, they are a 5 minute walk from my house.







This picture is a combination of two images, the tree was positioned below the horizon on which the people and the dogs were so that the trunk disappears into the centre of the circle.

.

Finally an image created in the same way, but then cut in half to create a different image. Also you will notice that the people and the tree are inside the circle, rather than on the outside. This is dependant on the image you start with, you simply flip the image vertically to create the different effect, and no they are not the same people as in image two!

I hope you enjoyed looking at these and that you are inspired to try some for yourself. One tip if you are going to try this, look at the edges of your image before you add the filter. When the image is bent to create the circle the edges come together, if they are not similar you will get an odd joined effect in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shirley,

    I loved reading your comment... I can imagine the prep room has gone to the dogs since I left (I was the only one who tidied that place...not). I do miss it every now and then, expecially the people.
    This is a fab blog you have started, it is very addictive, but can take up quite a bit of time.
    Happy New year!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete