Sunday 1 May 2011

In the forest again

You will be aware by now that Ashridge Forest is a real favourite for me. By today I needed to get out and blow some cobwebs away and so I visited again with my camera and a selection of my current favourite lenses. In my mind I also had the topics of the club competitions for our next season, yes, I know, way ahead of myself but as I will need 12 in each category I decided to start to think early and get a few possibles saved and in the bank.

This is the first attempt, I think this could fit into either the 'Differential Focus' or the 'Worms Eye View' competition, but I think its more likely to end up in differential focus, if any at all, as its probably not near enough to the ground for a true Worms Eye View, I think I can do better than this.

Whether it ends up in either competition or not, I rather like it, and that at the end of the day is all that matters.



Moving along I came across this fellow photographer honing his skills.

A good plan, get them young.










I then got back in the car and travelled down the road to the monument, where I found the start of a classic car rally, all good fun. http://www.spiritofdacorum.com/



They had an old fire engine on display which was a firm favourite with the youngsters.


I call this pic 'Too small to be a fireman'
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally I went for a walk amongst the trees with my IR camera, again looking for something new. I noticed that the sun was very bright and shining through the leaves of the trees. Knowing that IR seems to work well in bright light I wondered about the effect I could get if I focused on the leaves
 


Again images I rather like, perhaps a subject to be explored further.

No comments:

Post a Comment