Sunday 22 May 2011

Going Round The Bend

Those who know me may think the title of this post is a description of my mental state! However it is reference to the fact that, determined to take a pic or two today, I walked around the corner to the local park, which is part of the Dunstable Downs, with my IR camera and fish eye lens.


As I took this pic, sitting on the ground, I was joined by a friendly golden retriever who seemed very interested in what I was doing. Not only did he come and 'say hello' but he then sat himself down next to me and watched what I was up to. It took his owner quite a bit of gentle persuasion to get him to continue his walk.  Anyway I continued and was pleased with this, which has been converted to black and white in PS using the gradient map and then edited using Fractalius.


Along similar lines, a dandelion seed head
from the ground. Unfortunately my IR camera does not have an articulating screen, so this involved not only sitting, but lying flat on the ground, fortunately there was nobody around, not even a friendly golden retriever.

No comments:

Post a Comment